Fruity Pebbles™ Cereal Cookies
Updated: Mar 8
These cookies are inspired by the sugary sweet rice cereal with a rainbow of colors -- Post Fruity Pebbles™! I jam packed as much of the cereal I could into the cookie as I could AND rolled the cookie dough in cereal to give the outside an extra CRUNCH, because cereal with milk is best when crunchy not soggy. Same for these cookies.
What are Fruity Pebbles™?
If you didn’t grow up with sugary American cereal you may not know what these are. Fruity Pebbles™ are a sweetened rice cereal flavored with orange, cherry and lemon fruit flavors that was introduced during the 1970s. The individual colors don’t taste all that different, it’s a blend of fruit flavors but the colors make us think they’re different. Cocoa Pebbles ™ are the chocolate version of the same cereal.
Can I Use Other Cereal?
Hell yes! This cereal cookie recipe is easy to adapt using any other sugary cereals. I like the way the rainbow Fruity Pebbles™ look but you could easily make this with crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Trix, Cornflakes, Frosted Flakes, or my favorite ice cream topping Cap’n Crunch. The cookies are a sugar bomb though because of the sugar in the cookies and the added cereal. But hey, it’s a treat so why not!
When you buy stuff using my Amazon affiliate link I may make a commission. ok? thank you.
Get the Recipe
Fruity Pebble Cereal Cookies
Crisp on the outside, soft and chewy in the middle cookie that’s packed inside and out with loads of Fruity Pebbles™ cereal. Rolled in a cereal crust to give it an extra crunch on the outside.
Time to Prepare: 40 minutes
Makes 13 cookies
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg room temperature
1 cup Fruity Pebbles Cereal, plus extra ¾ cup for rolling
1/2 cup of white chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup flour, ½ teaspoon baking soda, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
3. Mix wet ingredients: Beat together ½ cup butter, ¼ cup sugar and ½ cup brown sugar together until it’s smooth and creamy. Add in egg and ½ teaspoon vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Slowly add in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix together until just incorporated and you have a cookie dough. Using a spatula, stir in ½ cup white chocolate chips (optional) and 1 cup of Fruity Pebbles cereal until well combined without crushing the cereal too much.
5. Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper. Scoop the dough into 1½ tablespoon sized balls and roll in the remaining ¾ cup Fruity Pebbles cereal so the cereal bits stick to the outside of the cookie ball. Place onto the baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 9-11 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before moving them onto a cooling rack.
Subscribe to Baking with Chickens on YouTube for new episodes and more hilarious chicken content.
Amazon link where I buy many of my ingredients & cookware:https://amzn.to/2HOrcym