Baking with Chickens
Chocolate Sweet Dreams Bars
After tossing and turning and not being able to fall asleep, I created this infused dessert that leverages cannabis to get a good night’s sleep and bring on sweet dreams. Made with crushed Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies with condensed milk, freeze dried strawberries, corn flakes, coconut and crushed almonds.
Using Cannabis for Sleep
Cannabis can help with better quality sleep, and help you to fall asleep and stay asleep. THC is better for falling asleep but too much can interrupt your natural REM cycle. CBD is better for regulating deep sleep and your REM. If you're looking to choose cannabis for sleep, look for strains and products that have an even perfect of both THC and CBD -- whole plant and full spectrum whenever possible. Learn more about the science of how cannabis helps with sleep from Healthline.
The minor cannabinoid CBN has been touted as beneficial for sleep. While not enough research has been done, anecdotally people are finding that it could help. Learn more about CBN for sleep from Healthline.
Make It Infused
Infuse butter with an indica strain with blueberry flavor notes, high in Myrcene, and has a high % of CBD and not just THC. Alternatively, crush some 10mg Emerald Sky Creme-Filled Chocolate Cookies in place of the Oreo cookies.
To dose at 5mg THC per piece, use 45mg total in the entire recipe. Enjoy at least 2 hours before you're ready to fall asleep.
Use my code "BWC" to get 10% off a LEVO Infusion Machine
Get the Recipe
Chocolate Sweet Dreams Bars
Crushed Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies with condensed milk, freeze dried strawberries, corn flakes, coconut and crushed almonds.
Makes 9 squares
2 cups (225g) crushed Oreo cookie crumbs
1/2 cup (113g / 1 stick) melted infused butter*
1 cup (8oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon (20g) natural peanut butter or almond butter (optional)
1/4 cup chocolate chunks
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup (75g) Corn Flakes cereal
1/4 cup (22g) sweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup (12g) crushed almonds
1/2 cup (10g) freeze dried strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F. Line a 9x9 square baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix Oreo cookie crumbs and butter together into a bowl until it holds together when you squeeze it. Press the cookie butter mixture into the bottom of a parchment lined square pan until it fills the pan and is evenly spread.
3. Stir together the sweetened condensed milk and nut butter. Pour the mixture on top of the oreo cookie crumbs in the baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips, cornflakes, shredded coconut, and crushed almonds on top of the condensed milk mixture. Press down lightly to adhere the toppings to the condensed milk layer. Save the freeze dried strawberries for after baking otherwise they’ll burn.
4. Bake at 340 degrees F for 35-40 minutes until the shredded coconut has lightly browned on top and the edges of the cookie are golden brown. The condensed milk mixture may look bubbly under the coconut layer.
9. Remove from the oven and sprinkle crushed freeze dried strawberries on top. Press down lightly to adhere. Cool in the baking pan for 15-20 minutes, then lift out of the pan using the parchment paper and place onto a baking rack to cool completely. Cut into 9 squares and store covered in a cool, dry place.
Did you make this?? Tag @bakingwithchickens and hashtag #bakingwithchickens on Instagram.
Subscribe to Baking with Chickens on YouTube for new episodes and more hilarious chicken content.
Amazon link where I buy many of my ingredients & cookware:https://amzn.to/2HOrcym